Pool full of gunk??

Jan 19, 2012
Richland, PA
Coming out of winter first time.
Our pool is green, and full of debis. Cover ripped over winter and we didn't replace.
Should you fill filter with de, of try to run pump/filter w/out de to get most of gunk out??
Help!!!! What should be my plan of attack??

deweypip

Gunk and "debris" should be raked out of the pool as much as possible. It's too big a job for a filter to handle. When you get all the chunky stuff out, then I'd try to vacuum to waste.

took 2 days, but once i got pH right-started clearing up right away. had to chance DE 2x, but looking well on my way.
Did take advice from folks here, and removed as much solids as possible manually. then relyed on pump/filter.
thanks everyone.

Update--pool looks great, but hose cracked and couldn't vac out all solids which dropped out after shocking.
Having issue with FC, my total chlorine is roughly 2-5 ppm, but can't seem to get FC up into normal range. Have added several extra shock treatments, as well as 2.5 gallon 6-8.25% bleach. FC just won't budge.
Any thoughts??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
harleysilo,
not a bad idea. i've never taken it apart before. only have 1 yr under my belt with it.
i was having some vac issues trying to vac out crud from bottom of pool, but attributed that to a cracked vac hose. it was suggested by friend to clean the fingers out inside the filter.
between you nad friends advice maybe it is a good idea to take unit apart to clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.