Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this an acceptable way to maintain PH?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this an acceptable way to maintain PH?

I have a fairly new pool with a SWCG and two waterfalls. This contributes to a PH rise of .2 daily. I have been adding acid to down it to 7.2 and bump it down when it reaches 7.8. Is this an acceptable way to manage the PH? In other words, should I be adding acid daily to keep it at a specific point or is it ok to keep it within this range by adding it every four days?

Thanks everyone!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this an acceptable way to maintain PH?

Keeping it in the range is good enough even that they say that your FC is most effective when PH is at the lower end of the scale.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

You're doing fine. Just pay attention if the kids complain of sore eyes, some people are more sensitive to that. Tears are about 7.4.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you Richard and Woody. I appreciate the information.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!