Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump, filter running. Then stops returning water to pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump, filter running. Then stops returning water to pool

Split from post501376.html#p50137
    Please start your own threads Butterfly

I am having similar problems. We have an Intex Sand Filter (2650) - installed our pool and filter new last summer - and the pump is running but there isn't any water being returned to the pool nor is any being "sucked" into the strainer. The filter basket (correct name?) is full of water and I've tried backwashing the pump but the water flows out (well more like gushes out) perfectly clear. My PSI is around 12 (yellow zone). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what??? This is my first summer of re-opening a pool and I'm a little confused. Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump, filter running. Then stops returning water to pool

Welcome to TFP!!!

Have you verified that no valves are still closed? Have you inspected the pump impeller to see if it is clogged up?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump, filter running. Then stops returning water to pool

Thank you for replying, Jason. I ended up unhooking all the hoses, backwashing (the water ran out slower this time until it eventually was just a trickle), and rinsing. Somehow one of those things did the trick because it is now working great! Btw, thanks for the welcome too!