My Stained Pool

May 30, 2013
[attachment=0:38p4clyn]poolmess3 (640x480).jpg[/attachment:38p4clyn]Hi, I'm new here, looking for some help. Opened pool to find brown staining on liner, steps, light and anything else that should be white. Went to pool store for help and fell into the Phosphates trap, after two doses of Phosphate remover we have had little change. I did the vitamin C tablet test and the stain disappeared. (although pool store testing shows no metals in my water) These are my readings today -

FC 4.0
CC 4.0
PH 7.6
TA 135
CH 100
CYA 125

Where should I go from here - have a new filter cartridge, Stain Free and Metal Free coming tomorrow (but not sure I should use any of it)

Attachments

• poolmess3 (640x480).jpg
    poolmess3 (640x480).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 95
I have a similar condition in my pool, but it is much lighter than your staining. I did the Stain Free/Metal Free treatment this week and was a bit disappointed in the outcome. There is extensive information on this site pertaining to Ascorbic Acid Treatments for removing stains. I was a bit intimidated and went for the Stain Free option, but like I said, I was disappointed. Stains still present even if a bit lighter than when I started. Perhaps my stains would have lightened a bit more if I had given it more time, but a heat wave was approaching and I wanted to get some chlorine back in my pool, since you must take the chlorine to less than 1ppm to do the treatment. After finishing with Stain Free process, I went out and bought a large bottle of Vitamin C tablets and put them in a knee-hi stocking and used them to clean the white fittings and the handles on my steps, which they did instantly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.