So we recently purchased a home in NY with an INDOOR pool. Here are some stats for the pool and pool house:
- 33' x 22', 3' shallow end, 9' deep end
- DE Filter (48 sqft)
- Manual crank safety cover for safety (duh) and to keep evaporation and heat loss to a minimum
- pool house is about 2400 sq ft with 10'-25' ceilings
- surrounded on 3 sides by glass doors/walls
- fourth side is entrance to house - 4 doors
- Climate controlled
- 8 remote control open/close skylights
- 8 closed skylights
- lots of natural light, but not a lot of direct sunlight, other than what makes it through a couple skylights for a few hours a day
Here is the big one - it is set up with an ECOSmarte system, but I am not convinced that it is worth keeping.
So the question is, what do I do now? The water looks pretty clear, but I dont trust that it is safe to swim in. And even if I get the water safe to swim in today, I am not convinced any amount of regular maintenance will guarantee that it will stay that way. I am looking for advice on an alternate method of sanitizing this INDOOR pool.
Regarding test results, I dont trust these because I used 4 year old test strips. New ones on the way:
FC - 5
CC - ? (Total Chlorine is 5)
pH - 8.2
TA - 180
CH - 100
CYA - 150
The pool company came one time since we bought the house. They put in 2 gals of chlorine pool shock about 3 weeks ago.
Not sure what else to say. Thanks for your input!