Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: floating stairs

1. Back To Top    #1

floating stairs

Hi everyone, has anyone else had a problem with their inpool stairs floating? We have gone so far as to trying to weight them down with 5 one gallon jugs of sand. Still they want to move around the pool. Just wondering what others have done to keep their stairs stable? Thanks
    23K, vinyl, above ground, 2hp-2 speed, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: floating stairs

My pool came with two velcro closable mesh type bags in which you insert a bag of sand. 100 lbs. total and they still move around a bit. You can fill pvc pipe with concrete or sand and use that too. I drilled several more holes in my wedding cake type stairs to help improve circulation/cut down on any algae problems, and it also helps lessen the effect of them being moved around by the circulating water.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I guess I am an oddball, my stairs don't float, but I move them around quite a bit... and I like that they are not 'anchored'.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

We have also drilled more holes in them as well. Husband has anchored them to the deck and they still float up away from the wall when the grandkids play on them. Really working on his nerves! We gonna work on them some more this weekend. Thanks guys just wanted to see how others have remedied the problem.
    23K, vinyl, above ground, 2hp-2 speed, sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I remember that someone on this site remedied their problem by filling pieces of PVC pipe with cement and hanging them underneath their steps, however, I am sure that your 5 jugs of sand would probably be about the same. If the jugs are not holding them down to your liking, perhaps a call to the manufacturer or the store you purchased them would be in order. Good luck.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter