Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mud Stain at Bottom of the Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Mud Stain at Bottom of the Pool

Hi...I'm new Pool owner...we have been using and maintaining as per pool school successfully. Yesterday..I called landscaping guy...he did spill some mud (backyard mud) in pool...I removed the mus using vacuum and but it left yellowish/brownish spots there. I brushed those but still not able to remove. I tested pH 7.8. Other than lowering pH, what should I do to remove those spots?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mud Stain at Bottom of the Pool

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by atulgupta5
    Hi...I'm new Pool owner...we have been using and maintaining as per pool school successfully. Yesterday..I called landscaping guy...he did spill some mud (backyard mud) in pool...I removed the mus using vacuum and but it left yellowish/brownish spots there. I brushed those but still not able to remove. I tested pH 7.8. Other than lowering pH, what should I do to remove those spots?
    Set a puck on the stain for a few minutes and see if it leaves a white circle. If so, it's organic. I'd bump up the FC a couple PPM and see if they don't fade with time. If that has no effect, it might be iron stains. A few cheap, generic Vitamin C tablets set on the stain will leave white spots. Report back and we'll go from there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!