Should I put my heater inside?

JAnthony,

Without question, heaters require clear, open, unfettered, unhampered air space all around them.
I would suggest you haven't sufficient room to install the heater inside your shed.
Further, it would block access to everthing else in its area.
And you didn't mention whether the heater would be wood-fired, coal, fired, propane, natural gas, solar-powered, or 220/240 electric-powered.
Each of those will have very specific intalllation instructions, and I personally don't know of any that are to be installed indoors. You are dealing with plastics and wood, and coated wiring, which can melt and burn, and I don't believe you can "fire-proof" your shed.
Perhaps someone else has additional info....

Beautiful set-up, great plumbing job, too.

Alan

Gas fired can most definatly go inside a structure. You will need to be aware of the type you purchase to make sure it comes with a proper vent kit for it. You will also have to check on clearances needed. All units will come with a spec sheet that tells you what clearances are needed around all sides as well as around the venting system. I would also suspect you will need to move the control circuitry you have mounted on the wall in that area.

Besides the spec sheet you should also check on any code compliance issue there might be by having it enclosed and if any code clearance requirements would be greater than the minimum the manufacturer recommends.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.