Opening with SWG for first time.

Jun 18, 2012
Hello all! I am about to open my 16x46 above ground pool. Last year (our first year) I didn't find you guys and start the BBB method until it was too late and I had already messed it up! :) I was able to get my hands on a salt water filter (used). Everything I have read says to just put in salt and that's it. I have well water with metals and want to know if I should do any shocking or chemicals along with the salt. Thanks so much! You were all so helpful last year!!

So is this a fresh fill or are you just topping off with the well water?

You ALWAYS start with a full set of test results and then see what needs to be adjusted.

With a new SWG, you likely will need to add salt and raise the CYA (AFTER, you determine if you need to go through the shock process ... with the SWG off)

You will still need to frequently test and may need to add more acid that you are used to in order to control the pH rise due to the SWG.

pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.