Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions about heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions about heater

I am considering installing a heater and after doing some basic research I have narrowed it down to Raypak 406k BTU. My pool guy has given me a quote for $2800 for a Raypak406k digital heaterwith 2 years warranty, 1st year coverd by manufacturer and he covers 2nd year with parts I pay only labor.
    I can get a heater online for under $1800 such as the one below and can have him install for $300 (saves me ~$700) which route should I take?
    http://www.poolsupplies.com/product/equ ... gas-heater
    any other requirements or routes I should consider? I have a gas line availabble near the pool for a heater. Thanks.
    Its a salt water pool.
    24400 gal, sand filter, IG Vinyl 16x37 Lazy L shape, 3ft shallow & 8ft deep, Hayward 1.0 HP super pump & motor

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Questions about heater

So you asked your pool guy that if you purchased it that he would install it for $300? If this is the case, why can't he purchase it from his supplier and only charge you the $300 for the install?

Look at the manufacturers warranty. Some companies are starting to get a bit picky about their warranty and internet purchases.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

If you're going with gas, make sure you know exactly where the heater can go. Reading the manual on the unit I want to buy, unit must be 5 feet from the pool. However, the vent top also must be 10 feet below, or to either side, of any opening in the building (house). The only way this works for me is if I'm permitted to run an extension on the vent.
    18' AG pool, 7,646 gallons, Sun from 11:30AM-2PM.
    Pentair Dynamo 1hp pump, Intermatic Timer (6/17)
    Pentair Sand dollar filter - 100lbs, 35gpm
    Pentair Lil' Shark cleaner, TF-100 Kit
    Raypak 206A 200K, BTU gas (6/17)

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You have to look at your local codes as to how far from an opening you can place the unit. Where I am, it's 4ft from any opening such as a window.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,