Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken skimmer support ring - how replace??

1. Back To Top    #1

Broken skimmer support ring - how replace??

I had problems getting good suction on my vacuum. Feeling around the skimmer led me to find that the support ring that holds the skimmer basket up is broken. I pulled it out, put the skimmer vacuum plate on and--voila--good suction. I want to replace the support ring but it seems like it is larger than the hole at the top of the skimmer into which I'd have to insert it...the only reason I could get the broken one out was because it was broken and I could bend it quite a bit. I have no idea how to get a new one in. It's a Hayward skimmer BTW, no idea of model number.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Broken skimmer support ring - how replace??

Welcome to tfp, bugsy905

I am not sure what ring you are talking about. Maybe you could post a picture?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.