Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ever dealt with error code "FL 0"?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ever dealt with error code "FL 0"?

I have a jandy lite 2 natural gas heater that throws out FL 0 as an error code. I have the troubleshooting section of the manual and that code is supposed to alert you when the pump is not running or there is low pressure. Neither is the case and all of the test points check out ok. So I wonder if anyone has any experience with this particular problem?
    Walnut Creek, CA. 18k gallon Pebble Sheen + 1.5k gallon IG spa, 1.5hp whisperflo main pump, Pentair clean and clear 420, Intellichlor IC20, Polaris 360 w/booster,Jandy lite 2 natural gas, plus solar with Heliomatic 5000 controller and 3/4 hp booster

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Ever dealt with error code "FL 0"?

So your filter is clean and you tested the pressure switch in the heater to make sure it's good? And you know you have water flow thru the unit?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    So your filter is clean and you tested the pressure switch in the heater to make sure it's good? And you know you have water flow thru the unit?
    yes
    Walnut Creek, CA. 18k gallon Pebble Sheen + 1.5k gallon IG spa, 1.5hp whisperflo main pump, Pentair clean and clear 420, Intellichlor IC20, Polaris 360 w/booster,Jandy lite 2 natural gas, plus solar with Heliomatic 5000 controller and 3/4 hp booster

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The board could be bad if everything else checks out as good.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Still having this problem and want to throw this thought out there for opinion. Could low flow be caused by calcium buildup in the heat exchanger? The pressure coming out of the filter is fine but since the heater is after the filter, maybe there is a restriction in the heater causing the system to read low pressure?? Any thoughts

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

the line the pressure switch is connected to might be clogged. Do this, turn the pump off, then open the heater, unscrew the pressure switch, make sure the line is facing to the outside of heater, then turn the pump on and see if there is a STRONG stream of water coming out. If not, clogged line. If there is, then maybe a bad pressure switch.
    Paul

7. Back To Top    #7

I will give it a shot. I replaced the pressure switch already because it was easy and worth a try. Water did flow out of the line when I removed the old pressure switch but it wasn't under pressure at the time.