sinking pool legs

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Hire David Blaine or Copperfield to levitate the pool and then put pavers under the legs .... ;)

Seriously, there is no easy way. Maybe get a jack under each leg to raise it and then put a paver down (although not sure that would work with that type of pool). The easiest way is to drain and properly support each leg.

Hi mthompson. I had this same issue last year after a deluge of rain and a fallen tree that decided to party with the pool. My husband and I dug out around the leg enough to get a shim next to the bottom of the leg. Then we proceeded (well he did) pound it in underneath the leg support. Once the one was in place we then added in a 1x4x4 under that shim and pounded that into place carefully so as not to hit the side of the pool or allow for rubbing of the vinyl. It is a bit of work but to my way of thinking better than a drain and refill as wel have to truck water in. If I had to do it again or hubby, I think we would use a wider shim to start and use that period instead of the 2 pieces of wood. It held up akl winter as I did not take pool down. (I live outside of Buffalo so we were very happy it did so well, the pool that is). I had left my last intex up for 3 years as I did not feel like up down each short season and no worries really as long as pool is drained by 1/3. Good Luck

I'm about to set mine up this weekend and I got some 12"x8" concrete blocks....do i need to bury them flush to the dirt/ground...or do i put my foam on level ground, then tarp on foam and then blocks on everything? (maybe cutting out foam to fit blocks?)

They need to be flush with the ground of with the foam....I used 3/4 inch treated plywood under my legs flush with the back of the plastic foot and screwed the feet to the wood on the out side so as the pool fills and the legs move outward as they do with Intex style pools the wood moves with the legs resulting in no pavers under the liner or no legs without a support under them.......Mike

So basically, as the intex pools fill...the legs will slide further away from the center of the pool more and more and they will eventually slide off my pavers? can i adjust the pavers as i'm filling by hand without jacking it up? or set them on the very edge and 'anticipate' how far they will slide out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The rope around the bottom is useless at holding the legs in place.
I bought ratcheting tie down straps and connected enough of those together to go around the bottom of the pool. Filled it up with about a foot of water and then went around the pool repositioning the legs and ratcheting the straps tighter. Kept on doing this as it was filling until the pool was full and I had pool with legs vertical and on all the pavers.

ok I fixed some of the legs that were really bad.
NEW PROBLEM This liner I have is brand new. the kids have been swimming but i finally was able to get in today and i discovered a cut at the bottom of the liner its not superficial its real. What can I use to patch it up underwater instead of draining and repairing?? It seems like the problems never end with this pool.

i bought the replacement liner through intex online and it came with nothing but the liner. It didn't even have in and out connections on it i discover that issue when the liner came in and we started putting the pool up. if i would have bought a whole new setup it probably would have came with a patch.

just the liner was 275 for a 20 ft x 48 round i think it was $60 for shipping. they don't make that size in round anymore for the whole set up but they still sell the replacement liner. THANKFULLY!!

You can purchase an underwater vinyl patch online or at most big stores. I purchased my kit at Value Hardware under 10 bucks for a rip in the lining. I did both the inside and outside of the liner as pool filled. ( (this for last pool, now have new one) It worked real well as the tear unseen until pool fillied and water gushing out. Tear was over 6" long. Did not have a problem for the whole summer with any leaking. As your tear is on the bottom I would just go over the tear with extra to pass tear for strength . When summer ends and if you take down then do the underside for next year's fill.

So I was thinking about doing the same with the legs on my pool & put some footings on the bottom of them..Do you have any problems with the plywood splitting/cracking, etc as a result of them being subjected to the weight of the pool? Sounds like a cool idea instead of having to try lining up pavers & repositioning, but I was just a little worried about doing that, thats all..

No problems so far. They sat their all winter as well except of course the two legs were the tree fell over the pool, those cracked and split apart. Replaced them and still going strong. It took us about 4 hours total to get all legs completely done. I have to say using the shims made life so easy as they are already angled thus making it easier to slip the plywood under. Just remember to be careful when wacking them in as you do not want to hit your pool side. A suggestion might be to slip something behind the leg just in case you wack the wood too hard so it does not hit the pool side. Good luck.

(sorry for the delay in response as we were gone for the week)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.