Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Discontinued clamp

1. Back To Top    #1

Discontinued clamp

I have a Hayward Micro Clear filter model 3600 - The clamp around the filter let go and I need a new one but Hayward no longer makes it. Is there any way I can get one? I rather not buy a whole new filter. Thanks
    25,000 gallon freeform saltwater pool. Midnight blue with abalone shells. color changing LED pool light,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Discontinued clamp

Welcome to tfp, kadyl

When I saw your post, I was sure I could find one online for you...but I couldn't either

Just curious, how big is your pool?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mandeville, Louisiana

Check the following, it says call for price so they might still have them.

Also check ... ralon.html

Good luck!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by kadyl
    ....The clamp around the filter let go.....
    How did it break? Does it appear to be Stainless Steel or some other material? You may be able to successfully repair what you have.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome aboard TFP

If it's stainless steel it's probably broke at the spot welds,

I had one similar. A small fab shop can weld it better than new if that's where the brake is....

Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

6. Back To Top    #6

Mod squad - Thanks for trying! the pool is 18x32 about 26000 gl of water.
    Computer Guy - thank you, I left a message for the places you recommended
    25,000 gallon freeform saltwater pool. Midnight blue with abalone shells. color changing LED pool light,