Just joined and I can see I have alot to learn

May 29, 2013
Swisher, Iowa
Hello All! Just joined the forum and I can see already that I am going to be making changes to my pool set up. Looks like lots of great advice to be had here. I am going to move toward the BBB once I run out of the current Chems I have on hand. No more pool frog carts that cost 40 bucks. I do like the UV sanitizer I have. What are everyones thoughts on that? I just ordered the TF-100 test kit so I guess I am gonna have to brush up on my chemistry! Never was great at that! haha! Thanks again for having me!
Dana Mac

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

drmac22 said:
I am going to move toward the BBB once I run out of the current Chems I have on hand. No more pool frog carts that cost 40 bucks.
Once you get your test kit, post a full set of results. Continuing to use the chems you have may be causing more harm than good.

drmac22 said:
I do like the UV sanitizer I have. What are everyones thoughts on that?
Extra expense and not necessary for outdoor pools ... just maintain adequate chlorine.

Pool levels are currently being tested by the pool place I bought the pool and really the only thing that has been happening is the PH is a little high just had to do the ph down. Other then that the levels have been good and the pool is clear. its been Raining alot here lately and the pool level has went up a couple inches from rain alone. I tested the levels this morning and they were still a little high on the ph. I will post the results once I get the test kit. Curious to why you think the UV is not good? Seems to do its job. It is expensive to replace the bulbs when they go but I have not had to yet. Thanks for the responses.

Well ... ever been sunburnt? The sun seems to supply plenty of UV for free ;)

We see many cases where people discover their bulb is out, yet have no idea how long it has been out and did not notice any difference in the water.

If you follow the recommendations and maintain adequate FC (dependant on your CYA), then there is just no added benefit to the UV or ozone systems in private outdoor pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.