Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just joined and I can see I have alot to learn

1. Back To Top    #1

Just joined and I can see I have alot to learn

Hello All! Just joined the forum and I can see already that I am going to be making changes to my pool set up. Looks like lots of great advice to be had here. I am going to move toward the BBB once I run out of the current Chems I have on hand. No more pool frog carts that cost 40 bucks. I do like the UV sanitizer I have. What are everyones thoughts on that? I just ordered the TF-100 test kit so I guess I am gonna have to brush up on my chemistry! Never was great at that! haha! Thanks again for having me!
    Dana Mac
    Retired Navy Chief (CTOC)
    21ft round 4ft AG 9367 gallons, floater with pucks as needed, Waterway PB 19inch Sand, Waterway PB 1hp SPL (not sure of type), Rheem LP Heater, Hayward Aqua bug, Aqua Luminator Light. Located in Iowa.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just joined and I can see I have alot to learn

I am by no means a math genius and the test kit is super easy for me to use (comes with a laminated set of detailed instructions for each test)...it's actually pretty fun! Welcome!!!
    13,900gal 24'x52" Backyard Leisure Heritage AGP
    20ml All Swirl Flat Liner
    Pentair 1.5hp Pump and 150# Sand Filter System
    Smart Step Ladder w/Smart Light
    TF100 test kit, BBB Baby!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP
    I'm a new pool owner and the tf-100 kit was easy to learn
    never had a pool before and these guys and gals have already helped me get my pool from green to sparkling clean
    14600gal, In-Ground Fiberglass, Haywood s244t Sand Filter, Jandy Apure35 SWG,
    Haywood 2 speed 1hp pump, Haywood Pool Shark, TF-100 Test Kit http://tftestkits.net/
    Pool School http://www.troublefreepool.com/categ...etting_started
    Never been Pool Stored Thanks to TFP

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drmac22
    I am going to move toward the BBB once I run out of the current Chems I have on hand. No more pool frog carts that cost 40 bucks.
    Once you get your test kit, post a full set of results. Continuing to use the chems you have may be causing more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by drmac22
    I do like the UV sanitizer I have. What are everyones thoughts on that?
    Extra expense and not necessary for outdoor pools ... just maintain adequate chlorine.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP and thanks for your service!

You will soon find that any problem you may have will be answered with the courtesy and respect unlike any other website you've seen.
    Ponduke
    20,000 gal/ Fiberglass IG/ Sta-rite s7m120 cartridge filter/Sta-rite SR400NA 400,000 btu heater/Polaris 360 Cleaner/K-2006 Test Kit
    poolcalculator
    Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool levels are currently being tested by the pool place I bought the pool and really the only thing that has been happening is the PH is a little high just had to do the ph down. Other then that the levels have been good and the pool is clear. its been Raining alot here lately and the pool level has went up a couple inches from rain alone. I tested the levels this morning and they were still a little high on the ph. I will post the results once I get the test kit. Curious to why you think the UV is not good? Seems to do its job. It is expensive to replace the bulbs when they go but I have not had to yet. Thanks for the responses.
    21ft round 4ft AG 9367 gallons, floater with pucks as needed, Waterway PB 19inch Sand, Waterway PB 1hp SPL (not sure of type), Rheem LP Heater, Hayward Aqua bug, Aqua Luminator Light. Located in Iowa.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well ... ever been sunburnt? The sun seems to supply plenty of UV for free

We see many cases where people discover their bulb is out, yet have no idea how long it has been out and did not notice any difference in the water.

If you follow the recommendations and maintain adequate FC (dependant on your CYA), then there is just no added benefit to the UV or ozone systems in private outdoor pools.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Been sunburned plenty..haha! I see your point. To bad I already spent the money on those items, pool frog and Delta UV light. I suppose I could try to sell them! Looking forward to getting on the BBB program.