Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DBaines

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mechanicsville, Virginia

Hi guys!

New pool owner here. Growing up in the 80's, we always had a $99 Kmart pool in our backyard..can't remember the brand, but I remember that I LOVED to swim. Everyone used to say I was a fish. In my teens, I liked swimming and pools so much, I decided to become a certified lifeguard. Now I'm a homeowner and I decided it was time to get a pool again. Unfortunately, our backyard looks like the forest exploded, so we have a LOT of work to get done back there but it will have to wait a year or two due to finances. Until then, we bought a $250 14'x48" Intex Ultra Frame to enjoy on hot days. It's up and ready to go and now I'm just working on getting the chemicals balanced.

I'm super excited about spending time laughing and splashing this summer and I look forward to getting to know some of you guys and reading about your experiences and modifications.

Happy Swimming!

Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame (4000 gallons)
    -Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump -Intex 1,000 GPH Filter Pump -Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer -Hayward Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner (Diver Dave) -Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: DBaines

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DBaines

Welcome aboard TFP
    Using those two years to research pool builders and learning from real world experiences/horror stories here is an excellent move on your part...

Kirk in Texas
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL