Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a pool calculator app?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there a pool calculator app?

I tried to find the actual named calculator but didn't seem to find it. There are a variety of pool calc apps but they all seem to have a variety of pros and cons. Any suggestions??

Apple store app to be specific : )

Thanks in advance!
    Intex 12'x30" AG round metal frame - new for spring 2013
    - 1900 gallons @ 28" water height
    - Intex Filter 603 - 530ghp
    - Taylor K-2006 test kit
    - Pool School "graduate"!
    - Northwest Pennsylvania - hard well water w/ iron - Full Sun!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is there a pool calculator app?

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

PoolCalculator.com
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

For the iPhone/iPad app use this url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pool...412876581?mt=8. The link on their web site didn't work the last time I checked.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

ha! Thanks guys. I actually did search the site and going by topic subjects, didn't see anything relevant. So I decided to jump to the chase and ask for recommendations.

Honestly, I didn't notice the App icon on top of the pool calculator page. My mistake. Either way, I did see the "pool-calculator" app in the app store, but like I said, it has several disappointing reviews, hence why I asked for other suggestions.

I did end up finding a few decent ones by searching "pool chemicals" within the app store, not just "pool calculator"

Thanks again
    - Taylor K-2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

The negative reviews are all about one bug they have never fixed. It loses it's settings every now and then. Other than that it works very well.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you very much Jason. I'll probably give it a shot!
    - Taylor K-2006 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I have my phone browser home page set to poolcalculator.com (Android).
    13,900gal 24'x52" Backyard Leisure Heritage AGP
    20ml All Swirl Flat Liner
    Pentair 1.5hp Pump and 150# Sand Filter System
    Smart Step Ladder w/Smart Light
    TF100 test kit, BBB Baby!

9. Back To Top    #9

I just bought and started using this app: http://thepoolmonitor.com/mobile.aspx It syncs between my iPhone and iPad and stores the data for me. I just started using it, but it's doing exactly what I want. If I could add one thing to it, I wish there was a spot for CC and the ability to edit the date field.

I hadn't seen the pool calculator had an app and I went through the app store and read reviews and looked at the pictures.

Edited to add: Although there isn't a spot for CC, there are spots for TC and FC. (Simple math can deduce the CC.)
    Central Indiana, 7200 gallon, IG fiberglass, L250 Jacuzzi sand filter, Hayward H150 gas heater, Pentair fiber optic light - installed '06. AOSmith 1.0hp pump, CPSC-24 SWG - installed '13. TF-100 Test Kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

Is there an update coming out for the pool calculator app? I have been using it for a long time but ever since I updated my iPhone 5 to IOS7 the app will no longer open. It will try to open but then it just shuts back down.
    Intex 16' X 32' X 52" 14,364 galllon AGP, 16" sand filter & SWG, Pool Rover & Sunrise Journey SPA 320 gallons, TechniChlor 110 SWG

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by miller9951
    Is there an update coming out for the pool calculator app? I have been using it for a long time but ever since I updated my iPhone 5 to IOS7 the app will no longer open. It will try to open but then it just shuts back down.
    Given historical trends ... doubtful. It is not owned by anyone affiliated with this forum.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by miller9951
    Given historical trends ... doubtful. It is not owned by anyone affiliated with this forum.
    Bummer, I too have been using it for years. Not sure what the heck I'm going to do now..... Sugestions Anyone?

BTW, Jason, For some reason I thought you wrote the original one. Did you sell it or am I mistaken?

13. Back To Top    #13

JasonLion wrote it and sold it ... then the new owner abandoned it.

Note that we now recommend PoolMath for browser use that is being maintained and upgraded ... who knows, maybe JasonLion will make some new apps although I have no idea if that is on his radar.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

... who knows, maybe JasonLion will make some new apps although I have no idea if that is on his radar.
    If he was so motivated, I for one would would buy it!

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD
    ... who knows, maybe JasonLion will make some new apps although I have no idea if that is on his radar.
    If he was so motivated, I for one would would buy it!
    Me too
    Intex 16' X 32' X 52" 14,364 galllon AGP, 16" sand filter & SWG, Pool Rover & Sunrise Journey SPA 320 gallons, TechniChlor 110 SWG

16. Back To Top    #16

Pool Monitor for IOS !!!
    It's Awesome...
    Not free , a few bucks. But well worth it.
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA

17. Back To Top    #17

I, too, use Pool Monitor for my iPhone and iPad. It stores the data and it doesn't matter whether I input the data from my phone or iPad. You can input the goals and it will tell you how much of a chemical to add. The reports feature is nice too.

I honestly don't remember how much it was, but I think it was only $2 or $3.
    Central Indiana, 7200 gallon, IG fiberglass, L250 Jacuzzi sand filter, Hayward H150 gas heater, Pentair fiber optic light - installed '06. AOSmith 1.0hp pump, CPSC-24 SWG - installed '13. TF-100 Test Kit.

18. Back To Top    #18

Pool monitor
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA

19. Back To Top    #19

I se the PoolMonitor app for iPhone, my wife adds test data to the same set of history on her iPad. That's neat functionality.

I wish the app had the same features as the desktop software which also allows entry of treatments and a calendar etc. but it's only $3 so I can't complain really!
    Steven
    18.5k US gallon/69kl IG tiled with an Onga Pantera 25" sand filter, powered by a Davey Silensor 200 1HP/0.75kW pump coupled to a Zodiac TRi (mid) SWG K-2006C Test kit imported from the USA...
    in Adelaide, Australia...

20. Back To Top    #20

Just installed IOS 7.1 and the pool calculator app works again! Yipee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast