Battling Algea - OK to leave the solar blanket on?

TonySe

Jun 19, 2012
I'm following the stuff from Pool school, the posts in this forum and the shocking process.....the pool was dark green Monday and I can (almost) make out the 2nd step today, so I'm making progress.

Just a quick question, is it ok to leave the solar blanket on the pool while shocking?I know it will help keep the FC more stable as the sun can't get to it, but at the same time it's helping warm up the pool, which will make the green stuff grow faster.

Thoughts?

FWIW, I wasn't able to find the test kits mentioned in Canuckland....everything I found here only goes to a FC level of 5 grrrrrrrrr...will need to order it and have it shipped to the great white north....I read the test strips suck, but they're the only thing I've got for now, so for reference I attached pics from this am....tonight I'll try to dilute the pool water 50% and dip the strip again...it's been solid purple for 4 days now, having added 7 lbs of shock and 6 quarts of LC over the past 4 days (24' round, 4' high).

Tony

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 46
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.