Hello! I had white mold about 2 and a half weeks ago. I have since shocked, brushed, took steps out, lights, skimmers, changed sand, emptied and cleaned filter, cleaned, cleaned, and then cleaned more! It was everywhere.
Right now, I my water is clear and beautiful, but I am having a problem holding chlorine. At the beginning of this process, my cya was 70, after keeping my chlorine running at full, it is now 137 (which I know is really high and we are working on draining some everynight to lower it). I am no longer using the tablets. Just liquid chlorine. Last night, I brought my shock level up to 56 by using the cya chart. This morning it was 45, so I added 2 gallons (per the calculator) and now 1.5 hour later, it is 41. I have been able to keep some chlorine overnight, but it seems that during the day, it just will not hold. Two nights ago, I had the chlorine at 10 and in the morning it was 8.5.
Do I just continue to try to keep the level at 56 during the day until it stays, per the shock process? I am at my wits end!! lol
My levels yesterday. I do have a taylor k-2006 test kit.
cya - 137 per pool store (my test said over 100)
TC - 41 - right now
CC - 0
pH - 7.8 - yesterday
TA - 120
Adj. TA - 81 (pool store) Not sure the difference between these two TAs.
I haven't tested with my kit today (except chlorine) , not sure levels would be accurate with high shock.
Thanks for any help!