Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin DX5 Filter Light

1. Back To Top    #1

Walpole, MA

Dolphin DX5 Filter Light

Just bought a new Dolphin DX 5 - have used it a few times in the pool already. I noticed when I put it in yesterday that even before I put it in the water that the "Clean Filter Bag" indicator light was illuminated. I have hosed down the filter bag each time after cleaning, and the Dolphin still operated as usual. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if it's something I should worry about. Thanks in advance for all and any help.
    18ft/40ft, 29,600 Gallons, Vinyl Liner, Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter, Hayward Super Pump (HP1), Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin DX5 Filter Light

I recently had a DE leak and this was causing this. It is relatively sensitive to clogging. What I've done is gotten a second filter. When I do my weekly cleaning, I swap the dirty with a clean one and freshly washed filters seem to work well.

But if you have a DE leak, you may want to fix that first, then swap filters each day until the DE is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I just saw this was from 2012, Oh well.
    28kgal, IG, AquaBright, Attached Spa, ~1990, Quad DE 80, Easytouch8, IntelliFloVS-3050, Intellichlor60, IntelliPh, Dolphin DX6, City Water, TF-100, SpeedStir, SampleSizer, San Diego, CA