Saying Hello, and thank you!

May 26, 2013
New here, not new to pools. Have been slowly working our way through the intex sizes while I work on convincing everyone else we need a more permanent solution. (I think I am almost there!) This year, before setting up I decided to go looking for a solution to the ever popular "mid-summer haze" and found my way here. Oh my goodness! What a difference. We haven't even been in the pool yet (well, my daughter has, enjoyed the cozy 56 degrees for nearly 30 minutes then promptly volunteered to wash dishes because that water was warm! I may have to try this tactic again.) and I keep calling everyone who stops by to come look at my pretty water! It is that much of a difference already.

Thank you for that! I always knew there had to be a better way a more effective way, a way to get JUST the chemicals needed without all the extra Crud.

I do have to confess I do not have a real test kit yet and won't have for a while for a couple reasons. The first being I live in Canada and they are a bit more difficult to come by (http://piscines-apollo.com already bookmarked). The second reason is ... I am actually a little embarrassed to admit this one :oops: ... I thought I would help my mom out (disability pension) and pay a bit on her cell phone, only I accidentally added an extra zero to the total ... oops! On the upside she won't have to pay anything on her bill for the next year (You're welcome mom!), downside I am now a lot short on cash for a bit! I promise though, I have a pretty good handle on what is going on in my pool, exact measurements on everything going in, checked with the pool calculator and I know how to add distilled water to a sample to get higher readings with my pseudo-kit until I can get a real one.

Very much looking forward to a TFP from here on out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.