winterize a intex metal frame pool

May 17, 2013
i live in long island ny and have a 16x52 inch intex metal frame pool and i would like to winterize it like a normal above ground pool intex saids to drain the pool dry it and store in a place obove 32 degress in the swim saids it is ok to witerize it and cover the pool is it ok to witerize it being that my area for some months dosnt get out of the 40"s

I have done this for 4 years. Just drain the pool by at least a 1/3. I live in Buffalo so we have similar winters. I did winterize with tons of bleach and 2 bags of shock beforehand.

Have left our newest one up two winters now. Granted here in Oklahoma it doesn't stay freezing for long but it has frozen around the sides. The pump stays running all winter. Farther north it'd be ideal to drain below the lowest opening and cover or periodically check the chemicals so it doesn't turn green once it warms up. But these pools are pretty resilient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.