Seeking Advice on Calcium Build Up

kai

May 29, 2013
Split from seeking-advice-on-calcium-build-up-t60244.html
Please start your own thread when you have a question or need help! :wink: Butterfly

Please help! I'm new to site and desperate. For the third year now, we have opened our gunnite salt water system pool to massive amounts of scaling. Last year was so bad kids were bloodied each time they went in. Had to drain entire pool, acid wash and diamond buff at a cost of $3,000. Noone seems to have an answer for us. We use professional pool company to open and close pool properly and maintain pool all summer in pristine condition. Just opened pool and same exact issue!! My husband is ready to fill pool in. We have a soft cover and city water. Any advice would be soooo appreciated!

Also many fill/ top off their pool from wells and or city water that may contain lots of minerals that add to the scaling.

Always use at least a filter on your hose for pool top offs and refills.

And you must be getting PH creep - needs to be managed on a daily basis until it becomes stable.

Rainwater increases PH as well.

My friend had a similar problem until I took over his pool and started testing and balancing his water - as well as brushing and cleaning the pool--- and no more well water top offs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.