Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Super clean filters

1. Back To Top    #1

Super clean filters

Wow what awesome clean filters I have. I cleaned those things twice last year. Guess I am going to have to clean these more than twice a year. Wish I had the money to landscape the large hill we have plus install the fake grass by the pool. That would cut down on the dirt and grass that gets in the pool. I should soak this for a day then clean them but w/ my up coming deployment had to clean them the best I could. I will say my pressure is alot better. Once I get back from the great white north(the Arctic) I will try what chemgeek posted in the thread he started. Just hoping these things hang on for the summer and fall.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Super clean filters

A skimmer sock will cut down on the grass and stuff that gets in. Check this thread skimmer-sock-nylon-illustrated-t60819.html
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Super clean filters

That is not a bad idea Richard. Since my wife will be the one managing the pool by herself I might give this a shot. I spent about two hours cleaning those things. I also changed my bag on my Polaris 280 to the sand and silt bag so it will keep the dirt in. It has made a difference in the two week we have had the bag not as much dirt left in the pool.

Richard,

Thanks for the awesome advice. I got some of the jed skimmer socks and they have worked great so far. Now the true test will be at the end of the season when I clean my filters.

Jerry

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system