Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberstars Lighted Laminar Fountains

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberstars Lighted Laminar Fountains

My pool is in year 8 and has become a money pit. I have these lighted fountains which spill into pool. The first couple years they lit up beautifully. The light then became less intense and now are not lit at all. The fountains do work and are nice. Does anyone have any experience with these. The manufactures website and internet have little info on these units. Does anyone know where I can get replacement lights?

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: Fiberstars Lighted Laminar Fountains

If they are the core type fiber lights and your light source is working then it could be build up on the end of the fiber or broken fiber somewhere along the line. First check to make sure the light source is actually working.
    Post some pictures of where the light used to come from and where the source is.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Richmond, Texas

Re: Fiberstars Lighted Laminar Fountains

I have Fiberstars laminars and I am very familiar with the setup. Like 4K said post some pics of your what you have. It may be a black box away from the pool itself containing the light source.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.