Coverstar Automatic Cover help!

May 8, 2013
Southern IL
Hello. I know this is a dumb question, but how do you remove the housing unit on the cover? I know there is a bolt at each end, so I'm assuming remove those and just lift it off? I looked all over their website and didn't find anything. Unfortunately, the pool builder plus the coverstar website say to clean the housing unit every so often but doesn't have many tutorials of any sort. I have attached a picture of my housing unit. Thanks for any help.

... And yes, I know it is a dirty area. They just finished the fence today and are coming back tomorrow to power wash the entire area before leaving for their next project!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    442.7 KB · Views: 74
I can lift it myself, might weight 40 lbs, you don't want to ding up the powdercoat, so two people would be easiest. You can wash out pit, depends on your pit drain setup. Where does it drain to, and is there a debris cover on the drain? If you try to wash all that debris out, you might clog your drain, I did, but I have no drain cover/screen. I need to install one. I would manually remove debris until you can find drain and see what's up with it, cover filter or nothing.

Forgot to mention, it's kinda hard to get the shop vac hose and small attachment down in the pit under the cover ( towards the pool side). My pit is all concrete, and i scrapped my elbow raw, so i'd suggest wearing long sleeves. I also found a bunch of these guys...

and one big Bull Frog.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.