I'm a newbie here but thought I would relate my experience installing a new SWG. I noticed on line that Blue Haven Pools and Spas is advertising a Blue Haven labeled AquaRite 20K model for $439, with a no questions asked money back guarantee. Since I was thinking about taking the SWG leap on my 13 year old, 18000 gal. 16X32 inground, I took a chance and ordered one. Then of course, they send me a 10% off coupon, after I've already bought.
Their service is not the fastest, and they don't bother to let you know when it ships, or give you a tracking number unless you call, but I received it yestereday afternoon, 8 days after I ordered. That gave the salt, which was added a week ago, plenty of time to disolve. It's usually a week shipping from the west coast to me, anyway. Sure enough, it's a GoldLine AquaRite 20k with their label on it. It even has an AquaRite part number.
The install was simple enough, as they also included a kit with the wiring, flex conduit, connectors, etc. Maybe thats just part of being a Mr. fix-it, do anyting guy. Then I turned the power on and nothing! That brief moment of panic, reminded me to also turn the timer back on! After that, as advertised, lights displays, and everything appeared. Things were looking good. About 30 seconds later, the Generating LED went out and the Low Salt and Inspect Cell LED's came on solid, with the display showing only 1600ppm salt. I checked and rechecked everything, repositioned the cell, read some more on line, and always got the same upon powering back up. I rechecked the salt level in the pool, with it still showing 3300ppm, quit for the evening, and went to bed.
This morning I called the Goldline Controls support number, included on the control box, and spent several minutes, pushing buttons, giving display info, making sure the controller was labeled for the T-Cell 5 and I also had a T-Cell 5, and answering other questions with the tech guy. He seemed a little puzzled, and said that they would look into it and call me back. Meanwhile I decided to take the panel off again and have another look around inside the controller. There were a couple of jumpers on the printed circuit board and one was labeled T-Cell 15 (showing jumper installed), T-Cell 5 (showing jumper open.) I removed the jumper, as indicated for my T-Cell 5, powered it up and everything worked great, showing a salt level of 3200ppm. It's been running fine all morning.
As promised, another tech rep called. He started through the list of wanting me to push some more buttons, etc. Instead of stringing him along, I told him I had already found the problem. He also confirmed that to use the larger cell, you only need to change the jumper. The blame is really on some guy in the factory, it seems. I actually expected them to try and blame the problem on my installation, as the first guy seemed to stress the fact that I had installed it myself. The reps were actually quite nice and thank goodness it never got to that point. Heck, this ain't rocket science! Overall, it seems like a decent deal, for the money, so far.