Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hello everyone

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

hello everyone

Hi All,

Im from the UK but been living and working in Spain cleaning swimming pools for 10 years.

Looking forward to joining the party

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hello everyone

Welcome to tfp, costablanca blue
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

looks like theres a big online community here. is it a mix of private pool owners and pool industry workers? mainly usa based?

4. Back To Top    #4

Biggest pool forum on the web

Biggest demographic are pool owners who maintain their own pools. We do have a smaller group of folks in the industry that frequent the forums and help out here and there answering questions.

Much of the focus of the forum is pool chemistry, though we get into equipment and pool design a fair amount too. Just a heads up...what works for pool owners who maintain there own pools daily is often quite different than what works for a pool service which sees the pool weekly (or even bi-weekly).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Mostly we have members that are private pool owners from the US and Canada, but we do have members world wide, and a light mix of "in the industry" people ranging from manufacturers to pool store owners and service personnel.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Biggest pool forum on the web

Biggest demographic are pool owners who maintain their own pools. We do have a smaller group of folks in the industry that frequent the forums and help out here and there answering questions.

Much of the focus of the forum is pool chemistry, though we get into equipment and pool design a fair amount too. Just a heads up...what works for pool owners who maintain there own pools daily is often quite different than what works for a pool service which sees the pool weekly (or even bi-weekly).
    understood, ill keep that in mind thanks. were on a weekly schedule and am interested to see how others do the same (bromine, swg,...). guess i need to move to the main menu next.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    Mostly we have members that are private pool owners from the US and Canada, but we do have members world wide, and a light mix of "in the industry" people ranging from manufacturers to pool store owners and service personnel.

Ike
    canada! wow, that must be a short swimming season isnt it?

8. Back To Top    #8

A lot of the Canadian post do involve the use of heaters of one type or another.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~