Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 of my 3 jets are working-

1. Back To Top    #1

2 of my 3 jets are working-

hey there!!

now that my pool is been completely refurbished, filled and set up- (thanks to TFP and Pool School)- i have turned on the pump and i have a junction and two pipes coming out of the pump- one pipe feeds 2 of the jets and it appears the other pipe feeds the 3rd jet- that is the one that isn't working.

the only difference i can see between the two pipes is that one has a check valve on it-

so there are 2 jets working perfectly and moving water around the pool and one of the jets is completely dead as though it has been turned off.

was going to get a plumbers snake and see if there might be something going on in there but i wanted to post something on here because i am a newbie and a bit of a pool"tard"

thanks[attachment=0:219j7ba6]IMG_2405.JPG[/attachment:219j7ba6]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16' x 32' 20K rectangle sport, salt, IG vinyl, Hayward Salt system, Doheny Discovery '17, Hayward 2hp pump, Haywood 4 cartridge filter, Hayward H250 heater, built 2007- refinished 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 of my 3 jets are working-

Post a pic of the plumbing at the pad and particularly the check valve arrow.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

[attachment=1:1go5izop]IMG_2411.JPG[/attachment:1go5izop][attachment=0:1go5izop]IMG_2412.JPG[/attachment:1go5izop]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    16' x 32' 20K rectangle sport, salt, IG vinyl, Hayward Salt system, Doheny Discovery '17, Hayward 2hp pump, Haywood 4 cartridge filter, Hayward H250 heater, built 2007- refinished 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler

5. Back To Top    #5

You have some of the terminology wrong. The two pipes off the 3-way valve are suction not jets or returns.
    The one with the vac-alert is the main drain(s) and the other is the skimmer(s).

You only have one line to the returns.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

It actually looks like you may have a second line back to the pool or possibly a water feature or possibly the non working return or a pressure side cleaner that was removed? (capped pipe below the one return line oranger ball valve after salt cell)
    otherwise I only see what Bama sees- two suction lines( main drain and skimmer) coming from the pool to the pump, then from pump to Filter then to heater and returning to the single pipethrough the salt cell.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by 4knights
    It actually looks like you may have a second line back to the pool or possibly a water feature or possibly the non working return or a pressure side cleaner that was removed? (capped pipe below the one return line oranger ball valve after salt cell)
    otherwise I only see what Bama sees- two suction lines( main drain and skimmer) coming from the pool to the pump, then from pump to Filter then to heater and returning to the single pipethrough the salt cell.
    thanks "Dave" & "4knights" for the observation- you were absolutely right! it looks as if maybe the replaced the salt cell and removed the y that split the flow amongst the returns. the position of the returns and the pressure are such that it appears to be moving water really well.

as far as addition movement in the water- when we get our aquabot- that should mix the water even more-

thanks again!