Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Back again.. and questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Back again.. and questions

Hey all.. been on TFP for awhile now. Love this community! We sold our old house that had a pool and bought a new one with a little different type of pool.. I am told it is a sport pool that goes from 3ft on each end to 5 ft in the middle. My questions are:

1. Any idea how many gallons it is?
    2. Is uses cartdridge filters (four), how often fo these have to be cleaned\replaced?
    3. The pool light is out.. any suggesstions ona replacement? Prefer LED.
    4. Is the Polaris a 360 or 380? Also, I can't get the hose to stop tangling. Any tips here? The swivel seem fine.
    5. The canister between the main and polaris pump (has a number dial) is empty but looks like it may have had chroline pucks in it maybe?

Pics below!

2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Back again.. and questions

I can answer a few of these.

1) Measure the length and width, call the depth 4', and enter that into the Pool Calculator for a rectangular pool.
    2) The filters shouldn't need to be replaced for at least several years, possibly longer. They need to be cleaned every time the filter pressure goes up 25% from it's starting pressure. That might be weekly or it might be once a season, probably closer to once a season than weekly.
    3) First make sure the light is getting power. It might just be the gfi, or something else simple to fix.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: Back again.. and questions

5, yes that looks like a Hayward puck feeder
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~