Bulge at bottom of wall

tick221

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2011
I have a Matrix 24 that I installed last summer and I have a oddity that I can't explain. Along the bottom rail of the last upright before the seam there is a bulge that is pushing on the upright. The wall is seated in the rails at the top and the bottom and all the pieces seem to be where they should be. I'm within a 1/4 an inch of level and there seem to be no problems with the liner at all, from the inside of the pool everything seems fine as well. It's like the wall is bigger at the bottom which allows the bulge but it is rolled steel and should be uniform. I've attached some pics showing what's going on, thanks for any insight

first is a "normal" upright which is right before the troubled one
20130529_130101_zpsf5717ebf.jpg

this is the "bad side" of the bulge, you can see where it is pushing on the outsides of the upright
20130529_130109_zps53209d3a.jpg

and from the other side of the upright with the bulge
20130529_130116_zps12998a1d.jpg

Apparently I should read the interwebs before I post :oops: . From what I've read I have one block that is slightly higher than the others which causes the bulging. Hope this helps someone else in the futuretech world of tomorrow. The following sharebuilder describes what is happening and a way to resolve it that scares the heck out of me, I'm leaving mine how it is

http://www.shadebuilder.com/wall-bulging-at-bottom-track.html

Now back out to sweat off another 10 pounds building the deck of gargantuan size that looked a lot smaller on paper :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.