Thru-wall skimmer/pump assembly...pump died

May 29, 2013
I have an 18 ft round metal frame Intex pool that has a thru-wall skimmer with the pump on the bottom. The pump died a couple years ago so I took it off & attached a hose to the bottom & ran it to the new pump. Worked great for awhile but now it wants to leak at the place where the thru-wall skimmer & the hose attaches to it. Any suggestions on what to use to fix it? Should I get a replacement thru-wall skimmer (might work better to have a "real" hose attachment place!) & if so, the replacement ones don't have the exact same screw holes as mine so I'm not sure how well that will work. Thanks for any help ya'll can give me! :wave:

My suggestion would be to replace the existing skimmer with a standard thru wall model. Do you have measurements of the face of the existing skimmer? It may be that the standard skimmer is either the same size or larger than the existing one. If it's larger just install it and cut the hole out bigger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.