Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Capping off Hayward

1. Back To Top    #1

Capping off Hayward

I am moving to liquid chlorine and the liquidator...

I plan to install Liquidator inlet where my Hayward CL200 injects (pool return right past heater)...and use basket drain for Liquidator oulet.

So, I will need to cap the Hayward penetration that is just downstream of my pump. What size cap it that? Is this sold at Home Depot or such place?

I was going to use heater drain for Liquidator, but with theheater on, the whole manifold gets pretty hot...and I was worried about the fixture melting. So I figured I could sue the Hayword penentration just down stream of the heater on pool return.
    17K Plaster Kidney (17' x 37') w/ Spa
    Jandy DE filter, Jandy JHP 2.0 pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Stenner set up with bleach
    Jandy LJ Heater and Aqualink RS controls

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Capping off Hayward

Those are 3/8" holes in the plumbing for the feeder tubing. Since the fitting is still there you should be able to get a 1/4" compression cap and just screw it onto the fitting at the clamp. You might want to take the tubing with you so you make sure to get the correct one. Lowes or HD will have them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Capping off Hayward

Thanks dave...much appreciated.
    17K Plaster Kidney (17' x 37') w/ Spa
    Jandy DE filter, Jandy JHP 2.0 pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Stenner set up with bleach
    Jandy LJ Heater and Aqualink RS controls