Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cya always clear in the bottle

1. Back To Top    #1

Cya always clear in the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville
    It can take up to a week for recently added granular CYA/Stabilizer to appear in test results. As for the instant conditioner, I'm assuming it a liquid but do you recall the % concentration of CYA included in the ingredients?
    Question.......Even though CYA granules take a week or more to register in the testing, is it still effective while it dissolves? So, if I'm clearing a swamp, should I assume the CYA that was recently added is active or should I assume the CYA level before it was added when calculating the amount of bleach to shock with?
    TF-100 Test kit, 24,000 gal. free form Vinyl. mybluepool AC-600 SWG, STA-RITE S7MD60 DE filter, 3/4 HP STA-RITE MPRA6D pump, Polaris 280 w/booster, Raypack Propane heater, Looplock mesh cover; All located in New England.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cya always clear in the bottle

Once it is dissolved, assume it is there and use that CYA to find shock value.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Once it is dissolved, assume it is there and use that CYA to find shock value.
    Cool, thanks!

It makes me wonder, though, why the test doesn't show it for a week or so even though it's there.
    TF-100 Test kit, 24,000 gal. free form Vinyl. mybluepool AC-600 SWG, STA-RITE S7MD60 DE filter, 3/4 HP STA-RITE MPRA6D pump, Polaris 280 w/booster, Raypack Propane heater, Looplock mesh cover; All located in New England.

4. Back To Top    #4

16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process