Moss growing on some rock work, deal with it, or leave it?

Nov 30, 2012
Hi, I have some green moss growing on some rock work around my pool. There are also some other fungii growing on the backside of the rocks and some of the higher areas. These rocks do not get rinsed with pool water and we have had unusual, but not extremely high levels of rain so far this CY.

I don't THINK this is cause for alarm, and frankly, I sort of like the natural look it gives. In the situation where there is lots of rain some of the rain water and perhaps sprinkler water could rinse over these areas.

I could take it out with boiling water I would assume if this was thought to be a major issue.

Pool otherwise is doing just fine.

What do you all do in this situation?

Re: Moss growing on some rock work, deal with it, or leave i

8890601973_b5e639b23b_m.jpg

8890601933_d0abe27d42_m.jpg

I don't have the water running right now so you can see it better dry. You can see how on both sides right at the water drop edge there is the green mossy stuff growing.

Rained again this morning.

and please excuse the leaves. Wind was blowing 35-40 all night. I'm not even sure from which city block those holly branches came from!

Just mix up 10-20 percent bleach water mix in spray bottle and spray it down good. Super easy and use that anywhere you get moss /mold. I do it on my mailbox about every 2 months and my white pvc fence yearly. My stuff looks like new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.