Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moss growing on some rock work, deal with it, or leave it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Moss growing on some rock work, deal with it, or leave it?

Hi, I have some green moss growing on some rock work around my pool. There are also some other fungii growing on the backside of the rocks and some of the higher areas. These rocks do not get rinsed with pool water and we have had unusual, but not extremely high levels of rain so far this CY.

I don't THINK this is cause for alarm, and frankly, I sort of like the natural look it gives. In the situation where there is lots of rain some of the rain water and perhaps sprinkler water could rinse over these areas.

I could take it out with boiling water I would assume if this was thought to be a major issue.

Pool otherwise is doing just fine.

What do you all do in this situation?
    15000 Gal Pool + Spa - Twin 2hp Pentair Pumps - DE Filter - 400kbtu Heater - Jandy wireless control system with freeze out - Polaris 3900 pressure side cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moss growing on some rock work, deal with it, or leave i

It doesn't sound like a problem to me...maybe post a picture?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have the water running right now so you can see it better dry. You can see how on both sides right at the water drop edge there is the green mossy stuff growing.

Rained again this morning.
    15000 Gal Pool + Spa - Twin 2hp Pentair Pumps - DE Filter - 400kbtu Heater - Jandy wireless control system with freeze out - Polaris 3900 pressure side cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

and please excuse the leaves. Wind was blowing 35-40 all night. I'm not even sure from which city block those holly branches came from!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just mix up 10-20 percent bleach water mix in spray bottle and spray it down good. Super easy and use that anywhere you get moss /mold. I do it on my mailbox about every 2 months and my white pvc fence yearly. My stuff looks like new.