Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: replacing pressure gauge

  1. Back To Top    #1

    replacing pressure gauge

    I've searched the forum and found some great information, just need some additional clarification so I'm hoping someone can help me. Wanting to get something ordered soon or go to the store to purchase, but my husband isn't available to help me sort thru all the info and understand it!
    I have a Hayward X-Stream 100 Cartridge Filter, which has a bottom mount pressure gauge. We buy numerous gauges every summer because they fill with water. This year is no different, new one in yesterday and it's filled with water already. I've seen some posts about getting an oil-filled gauge, and also switching it to a top-mount gauge. Will getting a bottom mount oil filled gauge fix our problems, or should I also switch it to a top-mount? And what part(s) would I need to do that?
    Thank you so much for your help!!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad Bama Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    SouthWest Alabama

    Re: replacing pressure gauge

    Welcome to TFP.

    Certainly getting a better gauge will help your problem. I would go for a bottom mount gauge and a street ell. A street ell is an elbow that has male threads on one end and female threads on the other. It just keeps you from having to have several parts to put together and it keeps the gauge standing upright.

    Also, you probably have a zero to 60 psi gauge now, but you most likely can use a zero to 30 psi one. We rarely see a filter pressure above 30 psi. Most run 20 psi or less.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts