Intex eyeball return

Are you trying to remove the whole 4" cover? Or just the small piece that holds the eyeball in place? Is there water over the return?

Any way to heat it up so the plastic expands and releases? I'm thinking blow dryer with a GFCI plug but only if the water is well below the return, you're outside the pool, no one else in the pool and you tie off the dryer so it cannot fall into the water. Also your hands, feet and ground are very dry. I realize that water and electricity do not mix so every precaution would need to be taken. My only other thought would be a blow torch but that, if not done with fineness would melt the return and/or burn a hole in the pool.

SAFETY is key. I have tried to think of every precaution but you know your situation. If you think it's worth a try, please be VERY careful. Take no chances.

Just the small piece that hold the eyeball. Every time I tried to remove it I do with the whole 4" return cap outside the pool. Do you think the best way is to put it back in the return fitting and then try to remove it.

No. Outside the pool is better I would think. Try heating it up with the blow dryer on high. Maybe a couple of those rubber grip things you can put under plates to keep them from sliding? One to grip the big piece and one for the small one? May I ask why you are trying to remove the eye?

Check out this link to my install of a fountain. It utilizes the inner set of threads that are exposed when you remove the outer ring and eyeball. If you'll look at your return after you take off the 4" piece you have in your hand, you'll find 2 sets of threads on the piece left in the pool. The inner set is about 3" in diameter. Thats the set I used.

i-installed-a-fountain-in-my-intex-ultra-frame-pool-t49416.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.