Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help:Pre-plumbing for pressure side cleaner or not?

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help:Pre-plumbing for pressure side cleaner or not?

I am getting close to signing a contract with a PB, which is offering as part of standard package pre-plumbing for pressure side cleaner. Based on everything I've read I am leaning towards having a robot cleaner (aquabot 4WD, or dolphin 5). My question is should I ask PB not to do the pre-pluming and give me credit (I think around $200) or should I let him do it in case later on I decide to use pressure side cleaner, even though it seems not needed/unlikely to me at this point?

Thanks.
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 320 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Installed August 2013, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Wireless remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help:Pre-plumbing for pressure side cleaner or no

I would do it just to have that extra return in the pool. It's pressure side so, even if you don't use it with its own pump as a cleaner you could plumb it in as an extra return for One of those pool skimmers that's run off your return line."poolskim.com"
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd do it. Who knows what new technology they'll have in ten years? And you'll already have a pipe nicely embedded in the pool wall and up through the deck to the equipment pad.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the quick response, sounds like I will ask him to install, can't hurt I will post full bid and project details once I sign contract and work is to start.
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 320 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Installed August 2013, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Wireless remote.