Just opened our pool yesterday. The water temp upon opening was 54 degrees, and after running heater, temp is now 74 degrees.
We have a vinyl lined 20k gallon inground pool and have a SWG. We have not turned on the SWG yet. We added 2 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine last night, which according to the pool cal, should have raised chlorine from 0 to 10.
Just ran a test:
I didn't do the CYA test yet (will be doing tomorrow) and then I just bought some powder CYA which I'll be adding, but if I remember correctly, it takes a week or so for the numbers to increase.
The pool has had the solar cover on today, plus it was raining all day.
Is it normal for my FC to be so low after adding 2 gallons of chlorine? Husband says the chlorine must be defective