Too Much Salt

I have been a member for a little while and can usually find an answer to any question by looking through the site. This time I can't seem to find the answer. I made a mistake when adding values into the pool pal app and I added too much salt to my pool. I have an Aqua Rite salt water generator with a t-9 cell. This is the second season for it and the cell is clean. The correct volume for the pool is 11,300 gallons.

Using a salt test kit my level is 3970 ppm and the Aquarite is showing 4000 ppm. The normal operating range is 3200-3400 ppm. I know that I have to remove some water and replace it with new, but how much?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to TFP!

You shouldn't have to replace too much water to get the AquaRite working. They will usually work up to 3800 to 4200 (depending on the calibration or lack thereof). Given that you should only have to replace 5% to 10% of your water to get the SWG to be happy, and can allow the salt level to fall slowly back down to something more normal over the rest of the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.