LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool opened crystal clear except for the pile of Crud/leaves on bottom where my cover melted from reflection off windows. Pool Rover took care of that. I also took out chlorinator and PVC'd the lines. I had phosphates of 200 yesterday, so I added 1 oz of phosphate stuff I had, today I had like a light brown dust in center of pool. My pump is super quiet with the PVC.

Now the #'s

FC 4.0
CC 0
TA 60
CH 140
CYA 70
PH 7.5

So I don't want to mess with too much (12000 gallons) like CH right now

I was going to try 24 oz 12.5% to get to 6
45 oz of Baking Soda to raise TA from 60-80

If I add the baking Soda will that mess with PH? also will it cloud my water. It will be 90 here tomorrow so I don't want to cause issues.

Thanks

How does the water look?
Why raise th TA?

If water is clear, just raise and maintain the FC. Realize that with your high CYA, you should never let the FC drop below 5ppm, so you should likely target 8+ppm to start.

The water is perfectly clear. As for the cya, that is down from the 100/110 I was battling last year. I will continue to pump some water out and add new as the season goes on. Now what to do with this 2 year old bucket of pucks? I did manually vacuum yesterday and brush after Pool Rover was in for a while.

Richard320 said:
Save the pucks for vacation.

That leads to the next question, if I don't have a chlorinator should I just use a floater? The pool store has something called brite stix they said I could use if I go away since my pump is on a timer and they only melt when the filter runs? I need to watch my CYA does not get inflated like last year.

Thanks

What kind of magic results in the pucks/stix only dissolving when the pump is on? Just use a floater (although your sig says you have a chlorine feeder ... why not use it? Or is it removed?)

jblizzle said:
although your sig says you have a chlorine feeder ... why not use it? Or is it removed?)

I have removed the chlorine feeder. I started to plumb it in but changed my mind since I only use it maybe a week out of the summer. Plus it just adds more clutter in my pump area since my filter is off the back of my pool. I would like to eventually go with a SWG so I left a straight sections both horizontal and vertical that I can cut into to install if I choose to do so. But that will be another day. Right now BBB is working for us.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.