Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BIG Pool needs some TLC. Tips and help welcomed! Got photos.

1. Back To Top    #1

BIG Pool needs some TLC. Tips and help welcomed! Got photos.

So I have an OLD pool that hasn't been filled for over 10 years, and has baked in the sun. It's 12 feet deep, haven't measured it but I want to re-surface it myself. I was thinking of EZ Patching the minor holes when I realized the majority of the pool has small cracks. My spending limit is $3,000...and I was planning on doing a majority of work myself..I was going to acid-wash prior to patching, but my main question is, if I patch up the holes, can I paint over the mini cracks, or should I do a plaster re-surface.. at a reasonable cost? I was thinking of EZ-Patching the divots and just Epoxy painting it, then filling her up. But with a close look, I don't think it'll be that easy, and for a pool that's been out of commission for 10+ years I need some real assistance!

Need help as to what to do, if I myself can do it and whether or not I can get some knowledgeable quotes from people that have done similar work?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: California Pool Resurfacing!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: California Pool Resurfacing!

These are some photos of how beat up the surface is, any good and cost efficient tips would be amazing!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: BIG Pool needs some TLC. Tips and help welcomed! Got pho

So I'm getting my pool guy tomorrow for a quote, but I'm leaning towards a re-plaster....considering the whole E-Z Patch and epoxy paint over hasn't gotten any responses..

5. Back To Top    #5

Is he going to check all your lines for leaks too?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

6. Back To Top    #6

We're gonna check if there's leaks, if we need new plumbing, and if it's going to run me less than 5 grand. :S

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

check out http://www.sider-crete.com/pools_decks.htm for some products to help you bring this pool back to life

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    check out http://www.sider-crete.com/pools_decks.htm for some products to help you bring this pool back to life
    Their stuff looks very interesting, have you previously used their products? If so, do you recommend them as a personal consumer, and would you say it's semi-difficult of an install?