pool bubbler

May 21, 2013
I read a post recently about people lowering there ph and then raising it up with aerating. Forgive me because I know I am missing an important part of the chemistry. anyway, I watched a youtube video yesterday that sparked an idea. It was a person showing how a wrongly placed O-ring was making bubbles get pulled into the pump. not enough to starve the pump by any means, but I got to thinking... All the posts I read regarding the above mentioned ph fix, people tried pressure washers, propping the pipe to shoot out of the pool and back in, and even a cement filled pvc pipe hooked to an air compressor. Couldn't you just loosen one of the unions on the suction side of the pump just enough to where it was pulling air in due to a loose connection?? I am sure you could rig it up somehow so this scenario would work and in my opinion, with a pump the size of mine (1 horsepower) that would push a ton of air in the water over time.

bobby32x said:
I read a post recently about people lowering there ph and then raising it up with aerating. Forgive me because I know I am missing an important part of the chemistry. anyway, I watched a youtube video yesterday that sparked an idea. It was a person showing how a wrongly placed O-ring was making bubbles get pulled into the pump. not enough to starve the pump by any means, but I got to thinking... All the posts I read regarding the above mentioned ph fix, people tried pressure washers, propping the pipe to shoot out of the pool and back in, and even a cement filled pvc pipe hooked to an air compressor. Couldn't you just loosen one of the unions on the suction side of the pump just enough to where it was pulling air in due to a loose connection?? I am sure you could rig it up somehow so this scenario would work and in my opinion, with a pump the size of mine (1 horsepower) that would push a ton of air in the water over time.
You run the risk of losing prime and overheating and frying your pump. A few PVC fittings are a lot cheaper than a new pump.

Also, if it's a side-exit filter (most DE) all the air will collect in the tank and the filter will stop filtering.

ok, was just curious. I wouldn't of recommended it on a regular basis. was just thinking you could loosen that the union just slightly enough to take on air. I have seen people put stuff together pretty crappy over the years and (not necessarily in pool pumps) achieved this very problem by mistake.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.