Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Style Ideas..

1. Back To Top    #1

Miami, FL

Need Style Ideas..

Have a pool deck with all red brick tiles (not pavers) and raised brick coping...1960's style. The grout on the deck is looking old and there are plenty of cracks through the tiles; but the coping looks fine. I'd like to replace the pool deck but leave the coping alone. Anyone know what type of deck/color would match with red brick coping? Dont really have a creative visionary mind
    pool owner since 2012
    13-15k gallons, kidney shaped,in-ground plaster
    1970s construction, currently undergoing complete renovation
    3 jets, 1 skimmer, 1 dedicated vacuum line, kreepy krauly great white, main drain

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Need Style Ideas..

Welcome to TFP

This is really a matter of personal preference, but here's my $0.02...

If your brick coping is reddish/maroon, I would go with a contrasting color for the deck such as an almond color or similar light color. This will also keep the deck surface somewhat cooler so it's a bit easier to walk on when the midday South Florida sun is shining on it.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.