Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Significant Foaming

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Connecticut

Significant Foaming

For the first time ever I have a lot of foam floating in my pool. The water is clear now. It was cloudy when I opened it a week ago. The only thing I did different this year, was use liquid stabilizer and added 16 oz of Algaecide 50. (usually never add that. especially that amount). I shocked it using 12% liquid chlorine a few days ago when it was cloudy.That is why the FC is so high. I think the foam started after adding the algaecide..... but not sure. All against my better judgement.

Any idea what might be causing the foam .. and/or what I can do about it?

Here are my numbers:

FC 14
    CC 0
    TC 14
    PH 7.5
    TA 90
    CH 150
    CYA 70
    Salt 2800
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Significant Foaming

It's probably the algaecide foaming. Time and bleach will get rid of it. You're notthe first to observe this.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!