broken skimmer basket rim

May 28, 2013
Hey all
had my pump running the other day--was gone most of the day. we've had a huge number of "helicopters" off maple trees this spring--enough fell during the day to clog the skimmer basket to the point where the pump suction caused the plastic rim that supports the basket to break and pull the basket on top of the intake. Rats!

What I'm wondering is--I have the two pieces that broke off and believe I can repair the rim with good marine epoxy. But I have to drain the water from the skimmer--and I'd rather not pump hundreds of gallons out of the pool. Any thoughts on a good way to seal off the skimmer intake so I can siphon dry just the skimmer to effect the repair?

thanks
--tom

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am missing something, did the basket break (that can be removed) or part of the skimmer?

Water is cheaper than most people think and likely you would not even notice the cost of a few hundred gallons if the water level must be dropped below the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.