Above Ground Expandable Liner Pool

Wiggledog

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2013
Souderton, PA
We just had a new above ground 30 foot round pool with a 52" wall put in. We have had a number of hassles with it but the two that concern me the most are: 1) we specified a 72" depth for the center of the pool and the agreement of sale shows this. When we were able to get in the new pool for the first time we found that the pool was only 60" or so deep. We went to the pool company and complained and they told us that was the right pool depth for a 72" digout. I called other pool companies, including others in their chain and was told anywhere from 68" to 72" was to be expected. Who is correct? (There were so many hassles with delivery of the custom liner - which did not arrive until after the pool installers had packed up and left on the day of installation. Pool was ordered from a local pool company who charged considerably more than internet prices but we wanted to have a local dealer we could go back to with questions and concerns. LOL!)

2) Several of the pool verticals were not put in straight and are off by an inch or two. Contacted local pool company and they basically told us "tough!". Have emailed and left message with pool manufacturer.

Any help with these two issues would be appreciated. I am not sure who to believe but at this point the local pool company has left me COLD!

Oh my... I don't know what to say other than OMG! I can just imagine the money you have tied up in this. PLUS!!! The pool install should have been dang near perfect and not have post 1-2" out of whack! I would take pics and email them to the pool store and tell them if they don't fix it, then hire out an attorney.

OR

Fix it yourself. But that kinda defeats the purpose of hiring them to do the dirty work because you certainly paid them.

You can also file a report with the BBB too. Could save someone else from having to deal with this company.

Thanks. I was hoping I wasn't going crazy thinking that 72 inches meant 72 inches not 60 or 61. We have a few people over 6 feet in the family and they wanted a pool that they could easily tread water in without touching bottom. If the pool company had said they could not go that far down then I would have checked else where or accepted the five foot depth. Unfortunately, they wrote 72" right on the agreement and then very defiantly claimed that we should have realized that 72" meant a water depth of 60 to 62 inches. I hope anyone who reads this and is ordering a pool with a deep end to be installed has the pool company put in writing not just the depth they intend to dig it out but exactly what he pool water depth should be if filled to pool manufacturer instructions. As far as the posts go I have contacted the manufacturer of the pool and am awaiting a response. We live on a hill and I do not need 21,0000 gallons plus of water streaming down the hill and flooding my neighbor's yard. I have already written the BBB today and will wait to hear from the pool manufacturer before taking any more steps. This was just the tip of the iceberg with problems from this company and their sub contracted installer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.