Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think I need a new pump. which one?

1. Back To Top    #1

I think I need a new pump. which one?

Started opening my pool this year, flipped the switch for the pump and nothing. My pump is hard wired. 220 I think. Now to find a good pump that fits my stuff. Help! filix.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I think I need a new pump. which one?

I am unclear what pump you currently have. Can you add a model number for the pump and/or motor?

Might be time to think about upgrading to a 2-speed motor.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe I just need a new motor. The pump is a Hayward Encl.3 EC 1309 The motor is a one horse A.O. smith corp. Two speed motor sounds good.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

4. Back To Top    #4

I just can not seem to find any pumps with that information.

In most all cases you can just replace the motor on the pump if the wet end is still fine. And a 2-speed motor should be an option and you can add a switch to control the speed.

I just am not sure what motor will work since I can not figure out what pump you have.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!